Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Future plans for Rover

Updates for future versions of Rover:
  • An option to sort devices alphabetically by name.
  • An option to show dimmables only at 25, 50, and 75% instead of by 10s.
  • An option for a page that shows only devices which are on.
  • A "mixed" mode (between text and icons) that shows only on/off/dim as icons, but not the device icons themselves.
I'm also considering a separate but related program, Rover Timer, that uses a Rover-like interface to let you set up simple events.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Are there any plans for a newer Rover? I have an issue where when it trys to load everything at once, it stalls (not sure why).

Thanks,
Rich

Hawthorn Thistleberry said...

Yes, the plans are above on this page.

No estimate on when. Rover is on my to-do list, but it has plenty of company.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I have just moved to a new city, and finally got my Homeseer server back up and running. About a year or so ago (maybe more?? I think Rover 2.5 had JUST come out), I was trying to make a donation. We went back and forth a few times, but I (for some reason) could not get the Donation Link to work. Can you confirm that it does work...? Making a donation for your hard work is still on my todo list, and I would really feel better to get you some kind of compensation.

Thanks!

--Dan

Hawthorn Thistleberry said...

I got a donation a few weeks ago (my first ever!) so it seems like it must be.